Webelo-Ree details for this weekend
A formal agenda and guide will be sent via email by end of day today once we receive it from Council. Even though the weather is supposed to be nice, always be prepared for rain!
Event will be held at Camp Grimes at this time of year, the leaves should be turning beautiful colors.
Camp Grimes is one of North Carolina’s finest Boy Scout Camps and is located at the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains. It is almost a two hour drive one-way. Current weather and information can be found on their web site.
- You can arrive no earlier than 3pm; gates will close at 9pm. After that, only one vehicle is allowed at the camp site until Saturday morning. This is for the safety of the scouts walking around the camp ground.
- Check in at the gates is from 5-8pm to drive through and drop off gear.
- Dinner is on your own
- Lights out at 10pm
- Saturday, check in/gates open at 6am and close at 7am to drop off gear. After that, only one vehicle is allowed at the camp site. Again, for the safety of the scouts.
- 8am start with flag raising ceremony at the dining hall – performed by Pack 502!!
- There will be 6 activities lasting 50 minutes starting at 8:30am (with a 10 minute window at the end of each hour). Activities include bee bees, knot tying, cooking/cast iron chef, into the woods, fire building competition and orienteering.
- Lunch is 11:30 – 12:20
- There will be a camp fire Saturday night with the Boy Scouts
- 9am Ceremony with the Boy Scouts at Camp Fire Ring by the lake.
- Breakdown camp and departure to follow.